soooo many memories... so much fun, so little sleep... so awesome to be there again!
This was my fourth furcon as an attendee and my second as BUNNYWAREZ!
No way can I recount it all in detail. Instead I will break it down by category.
- missing my KITTEHS! (they had the expert and loving care of their foster family (headed by my friend of many years, Carole, so I didn't have to worry, just miss them.) BTW, more on Carole and the Littles in a future post - but for now I will just say that she did a wonderful job socilaizing these kittens - they are a total joy to be around! I feel so fortunate to have them living with me and Jovino.
- lack of sleep. this kicked my ass, and not in a good way.
- missing out on getting to spin in the Big Room due to scheduling delays which caused the party to start over an hour late, when it had to end on time. being scheduled last, I lost out. hopefully next year I will get a chance to throw down!
- losing some $ to a pathetic little thief on sunday evening. some asswipe grabbed my backpack while I was busy and distracted breaking down the bunnywarez table. but... ya know, whatever! at least I got my bag back - the thief stole all my cash and ditched my bag in the no walls cafe. getting my bag back saved me from having to replace a bunch of stuff that was really only valuable to me, so it definitely could have been worse. hotel security was on it, calling me in my room, and then hooking me up with my bag without a lot of hassle. and, it was NOT our whole cashbox, just my personal cash. so, meh - but it certainly could have been much worse. and fortunately I didn't have ALL my cash on me, though it was more than I usually carry.) so... whatEVER! when it comes down to it, it's only money.
- this is going to sound kinda dumb, but dammer did they have crummy TP in the hotel this year! next time I am bringing my own! they have better stuff in the sani-huts at burning man. serious! (I hear the hotel is under new management and I have to say, thisxzx really makes them seem like utter cheapskates.) heck, maybe we will set up a TP concession at our booth next year!
- friends, parties, hanging out and meeting great new people! it was so great to be there again, and the time get to spend with friends is always so refreshing and energizing. some folks, like Tugsie and the Evil Geniuses, we only see there.
- working, playing, and boinking out the brains of my amazing, talented, sexy, sweet and all-round AWESOME partner, jovino! I don't think I can fully express how wonderful he is, nor now unbelievably happy he (and our wonderful life together) makes me. FC is a special anniversary for us, as last year was our very first ever sale (it was all his idea - to see if we could pay our way to the con by making and selling ears and tails.) mm-hmm, and NOW look at us!
- ridiculous drunken singing on Sunday night at no-walls, as someone played the piano just outside. the fact that we weren't actually very drunken makes it even better. yes indeed, we ARE the champions!
- my RAD new yarn tail and armwarmers from Katie (Feast of Dreams)! LOVE thems! photos forthcoming - I don't think any were taken at the con, so I'll have to make sure it happens before too long. also many thanks to Katie for being so cool and sweet, in general as well as in an artistic sense. in addition to the armiez and tail I commissioned, we did a swap (ninja kitty hat for a rad custom collar) and also checked in with each other about future plans. she very graciously gave me permission to make myself a second yarn tail based on her style (not to sell, of course, but for my personal use - Ninja Kitty wants one in black!) and (also very graciously) she checked in with us about whether it would be ok for her to start making her own fleece hats (we naturally said yes, as she of course doesn't plan on making direct copies of our things. yay for more creative works!)
- the Free Buttons for Constaff program. it was really great to be able to offer a small Thank You to (at least some of) the people who work so hard to make it all happen. Fun!!!
- Drama Llama - O NOES!!! My favorite suit of the year.
- awesome and hilarious messages on our nabaztag all weekend long! if you want to send us a message (you don't have to have a nabz) you can go to nabaztag.com and send to bunnywarez. plus the nabz waking us up to "Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits" by the Magnetic Fields to start each day.
- rocking white Ninja Kitty for the first time!
- hearing "M, you're so sexy!" as I was bending over while setting up the booth on Saturday, dressed as white ninja kitty and turning to see two of my favorite furries waving to me!
- getting a fursuit badge of white Ninja Kitty to go with my fursuit badge of black Ninja Kitty from a year ago. this one has my bunnywarez tattoo prominently displayed!
- Marci badge - baby Ninja Kitty! (Ninja Kitten?) Soooooooo kyoot!
- hearing that the FNL stage ninjas had our ninja kitty hats on, and got 3rd place by write-in!
- getting a friend tipsy on Veuve Cliquot as he, Jovino and I toasted another great furcon!
- wandering around in my janky old pink open-face bunny suit which I almost didn't bring because it's so old and shabby. it's still perfect for late nights on the party floor though, and super comfy too! glad I didn't retire it yet!
- many many little interactions with furiends old and new. I <3 FC!